GPlus does not accept responsibility for the content and policies of external, third-party websites and applies different privacy policies for each of its own websites. Operating as a media, advertising and marketing services organization, GPlus collects and uses its users’ personal information with the utmost care to ensure that users can search for information and register for products and services provided through its media without putting their personal information at risk.
1. Description of Personal Information
“Personal information” is any information about an individual user, such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, credit card information and any other information that can identify an individual. This also includes information that can be verified with other information to identify any given individual.
GPlus will process personal information into pseudonymized information (as defined in the Personal Information Protection Law, the same shall apply hereinafter) in such a way that the individual customer cannot be identified. GPlus may process personal information into pseudonymized information that cannot be used to identify individual users.
During the provision of the Service, GPlus will create Processed Pseudonym Information by generalizing the information, deleting data items or replacing them with random character strings so that individuals cannot be identified, when creating Processed Pseudonym Information based on users’ personal information.
We will handle the pseudonymized information appropriately within the scope of the purposes described within this policy.
Anonymous Processed Information
We will process personal information in such a way that users cannot be identified (“anonymous processed information” as defined in the Personal Information Protection Law, hereinafter the same). We may process your personal information into anonymized processed information or statistical information so that you cannot be identified, and use such information.
When creating anonymous processed information based on a customer’s personal information, we create anonymous processed information by generalizing the information, deleting data items or replacing them with random character strings so that they cannot be recovered.
We will handle anonymized processed information appropriately within the scope of the purposes described in this policy.
We may provide anonymized processed information to third parties.
2. Collecting Personal Information – Purposes and Usage
Company and personal information collected directly from users and registered corporate users will be used for the purposes stated below, or otherwise as stated in advance and as required for GPlus to carry out its business operations.
- GPlus collects the personal information required for activities such as hiring and recruiting.
- GPlus collects the personal information entered by users themselves required to register for and use job seeking, real estate and other services, and to subscribe to various newsletters and other information emailed via GPlus websites.
- GPlus collects company information and the personal information of contact persons at said companies, which is required to register companies using recruiting products and services within GPlus websites.
- GPlus collects company information and the personal information of contact persons at said companies, which are required to register companies using advertising products and services within GPlus websites.
- GPlus collects company information and the personal information of contact persons at said companies, which are required to register companies using real estate products and services within GPlus websites.
- GPlus collects personal information required to respond to submitted inquiries and complaints it receives.
- GPlus collects personal information necessary for the use of employment, job search, schooling, and real estate-related services on the GPlus website(s).
- GPlus collects personal information when you register to use the GPlus website(s), create an online resume, or enter personal information during the rental application or payment process.
The country of the server location storing the personal information
Japan and the United States of America
Personal information protection systems in the foreign country to which the information is provided
Please refer to the information for each country provided in the “Survey of Personal Information Protection Systems in Foreign Countries” on the website of the Personal Information Protection Committee.
Information on measures taken by third parties to protect personal information
GPlus will provide RackSpace Technology with personal information held by us for the purposes set forth in these guidelines. With respect to the handling of personal information, GPlus shall follow the same protection conditions as those stipulated within this guideline, and shall not provide information outside of the United States of America, the country where the it is located.
Sharing of Personal Information
GPlus may share the personal information of users obtained by GPlus through the Service with its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in order to achieve the purposes of use set forth in this Policy or individual service policies, or as otherwise notified to users individually by GPlus. In such cases, GPlus will be responsible for managing customer information and ensuring that it is handled in accordance with this Policy.
3. Maintenance of Personal Information
GPlus strives to ensure that the personal information it collects is correct, intact and updated, and that it matches the stated purposes of personal information usage.
4. Protections to Ensure the Security of Personal Information
5. Methods for Users to View, Edit or Remove Personal Information
GPlus respects its users’ and registered companies’ rights regarding their personal information. We respond to requests to delete, edit and change this information through the appropriate method in each case. Using functions provided on GPlus websites, users may themselves edit, delete and change the level of disclosure they desire. Users may also view and edit, delete and change their personal information on GPlus websites. GPlus will respond electronically to each individual user’s request after confirming that said request has been made by the individual concerned. Newsletter and other subscriptions can also be managed by users themselves using functions provided on each GPlus website.
6. Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
GPlus will not disclose the personal information it collects from users and companies to third parties except under the following circumstances:
- The user agrees to disclosure of his or her personal information
- The user applies for a job or makes a real estate inquiry on a GPlus website
- The user permits employers registered on our websites to access the searchable resume database maintained by GPlus.
- The user requests GPlus to provide a specific third party with his other personal information.
- GPlus is obliged to disclose personal information according to government laws or regulations.
- The user’s life, health or property can be judged to be in danger through the withholding of personal information.
- GPlus supplies usage statistics and other data that is not personally identifiable for the purpose of study and analysis to improve the services it provides
- When necessary to perform services at the request of the user in job search services, school placement services, and rental services
In addition, GPlus users may provide their own personal information directly to companies advertising on GPlus websites for purposes including but not limited to participation in special promotions and campaigns.
7. Disclosing, Editing and Deleting Personal Information and Ceasing to Disclose Personal Information to Third Parties in Response to Individual Requests
GPlus backs up and retains personal information collected for various user registrations on its websites for a set period of time. In the event that a user cancels his or her registration, GPlus backs up and retains the user’s personal information in order to resolve any issues that might arise with request processing or other unforeseeable system failures. GPlus also retains information for a period of time after user registration cancellation in the event that the rules of GPlus sites have been violated or GPlus is required by legally authorized organizations to provide such information for legal investigations. However, the personal information of users who request registration cancellation will not be used by services provided by GPlus websites after cancellation requests have been authorized and accepted. To prevent potential identity confusion, all registered usernames shall be stored in GPlus website databases indefinitely. The same username may not be applied for a second time by any user.
8. Using Statistical Data
Periodically, GPlus will process user information to obtain statistical data on the usage of its websites, products and services. Such statistical data will not contain any personal information which may lead to the identification of any specific individual. Users might also be asked to disclose demographic data related to the usage of GPlus websites from time to time for purposes including but not limited to website usage trend analysis. Other types of hardware or location data, such as users’ PC/smart device operating system or IP address when accessing GPlus websites, might be recorded, but not in connection with any personally identifiable information.
GPlus is not responsible for voluntarily posted information, such as in user comment sections of GPlus websites, which might be collected and used or abused by third parties without the user’s consent. Neither GPlus nor its affiliates will be held responsible for any abuses, losses and damages resulting from the voluntary posting of personal information by users via GPlus websites.
Our websites contain links to other websites. Unless otherwise stated, these third-party websites are independent of GPlus and bound by their own Privacy Policies. GPlus shall in no way be held responsible for the Privacy Policies or personal information usage activities of such websites.
When clicking links to move from GPlus websites to other websites, users are encouraged to review the Privacy Policies published on said websites.
10. Management System for Personal Information
GPlus strictly manages personal information by appointing a Chief Privacy Officer in charge of personal information management, employee education, and information security measures to prevent this information from being leaked to third parties or the public, and from being diverted or altered. Please refer to the company profile.
11. Cookies and Third Parties
We use the following third parties to handle de-identified information about users.
Google Analytics v4 — We send to Google Analytics through the default implementation the de-identified information such as number of users, session statistics, approximate geolocation, browser and device information for measuring performance and carrying out internal marketing research.
Google reCAPTCHA — We provide functions to ensure the security of our websites and applications, as well as to detect unauthorized use and take appropriate action. We may send the following information: IP address; URL of the website or screen name of the application that was viewed; date and time of browsing (used to calculate time spent on the site, etc.); type and version of web browser and device.
Google Tag Manager — In order to monitor and provide diagnostics about system stability, performance, and installation quality, we use Google Tag Manager. This may collect some aggregated data about tag firing. This data does not include user IP addresses or any measurement identifiers associated with a particular individual. Other than data in standard HTTP request logs, all of which is deleted within 14 days of being received, and diagnostics data noted above, Google Tag Manager does not collect, retain, or share any information about visitors to our customers’ properties, including page URLs visited.
Facebook Ads — We use Facebook advertising and send personal data as follows:
- Identifiers used by Facebook to identify users
- Identifiers recorded on the device, such as cookies
- IP address (used to estimate location information, line type, and the company or organization from which the user accessed the site)
- URL of the site or screen name of the app you visited
- Title of the site or app viewed
- URL of the site viewed immediately before our visit
- Date and time of the visit (used to calculate time spent on the site, etc.)
- Type and version of web browser and device
- Information on the browsing environment, such as screen size of the device
Facebook Ads allow us to serve ads to people who have previously visited a business’s website, purchased the business’s products, or used the business’s application, etc., and to recommend products and services based on such users’ behavior.
GPlus will not disclose the personal information of any user to any third party without that user’s consent. However, if disclosure is legally requested by the national, state or local governments, by court order, or by the police or any other organization that is legally authorized to do so in Japan, the country of GPlus’ incorporation, then GPlus reserves the right to disclose said personal information without the user’s prior consent.
14. Modification History
Last modified Jun. 14, 2023.