1. Description of Personal Information
“Personal information” is any information about an individual user, such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address、credit card information and any other information that can identify an individual. This also includes information that can be verified with other information to identify any given individual.
2. Collecting Personal Information – Purposes and Usage
Company and personal information collected directly from users and registered corporate users will be used for the purposes stated below, or otherwise as stated in advance and as required for GPlus to carry out its business operations.
- GPlus collects the personal information required for activities such as hiring and recruiting.
- GPlus collects the personal information entered by users themselves required to register for and use job seeking, real estate and other services, and to subscribe to various newsletters and other information emailed via GPlus websites.
- GPlus collects company information and the personal information of contact persons at said companies, which is required to register companies using recruiting products and services within GPlus websites.
- GPlus collects company information and the personal information of contact persons at said companies, which are required to register companies using advertising products and services within GPlus websites.
- GPlus collects company information and the personal information of contact persons at said companies, which are required to register companies using real estate products and services within GPlus websites.
- GPlus collects personal information required to respond to submitted inquiries and complaints it receives.
3. Maintenance of Personal Information
GPlus strives to ensure that the personal information it collects is correct, intact and updated, and that it matches the stated purposes of personal information usage.
4. Protections to Ensure the Security of Personal Information
5. Methods for Users to View, Edit or Remove Personal Information
GPlus respects its users’ and registered companies’ rights regarding their personal information. We respond to requests to delete, edit and change this information through the appropriate method in each case. Using functions provided on GPlus websites, users may themselves edit, delete and change the level of disclosure they desire. Users may also view and edit, delete and change their personal information on GPlus websites. GPlus will respond electronically to each individual user’s request after confirming that said request has been made by the individual concerned. Newsletter and other subscriptions can also be managed by users themselves using functions provided on each GPlus website.
6. Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
GPlus will not disclose the personal information it collects from users and companies to third parties except under the following circumstances:
- The user agrees to disclosure of his or her personal information
- The user applies for a job or makes a real estate inquiry on a GPlus website
- The user permits employers registered on our websites to access the searchable resume database maintained by GPlus.
- The user requests GPlus to provide a specific third party with his other personal information.
- GPlus is obliged to disclose personal information according to government laws or regulations.
- The user’s life, health or property can be judged to be in danger through the withholding of personal information.
- GPlus supplies usage statistics and other data that is not personally identifiable for the purpose of study and analysis to improve the services it provides
In addition, GPlus users may provide their own personal information directly to companies advertising on GPlus websites for purposes including but not limited to participation in special promotions and campaigns.
7. Disclosing, Editing and Deleting Personal Information and Ceasing to Disclose Personal Information to Third Parties in Response to Individual Requests
GPlus backs up and retains personal information collected for various user registrations on its websites for a set period of time. In the event that a user cancels his or her registration, GPlus backs up and retains the user’s personal information in order to resolve any issues that might arise with request processing or other unforeseeable system failures. GPlus also retains information for a period of time after user registration cancellation in the event that the rules of GPlus sites have been violated or GPlus is required by legally authorized organizations to provide such information for legal investigations. However, the personal information of users who request registration cancellation will not be used by services provided by GPlus websites after cancellation requests have been authorized and accepted. To prevent potential identity confusion, all registered usernames shall be stored in GPlus website databases indefinitely. The same username may not be applied for a second time by any user.
8. Using Statistical Data
Periodically, GPlus will process user information to obtain statistical data on the usage of its websites, products and services. Such statistical data will not contain any personal information which may lead to the identification of any specific individual. Users might also be asked to disclose demographic data related to the usage of GPlus websites from time to time for purposes including but not limited to website usage trend analysis. Other types of hardware or location data, such as users’ PC/smart device operating system or IP address when accessing GPlus websites, might be recorded, but not in connection with any personally identifiable information.
GPlus is not responsible for voluntarily posted information, such as in user comment sections of GPlus websites, which might be collected and used or abused by third parties without the user’s consent. Neither GPlus nor its affiliates will be held responsible for any abuses, losses and damages resulting from the voluntary posting of personal information by users via GPlus websites.
Our websites contain links to other websites. Unless otherwise stated, these third-party websites are independent of GPlus and bound by their own Privacy Policies. GPlus shall in no way be held responsible for the Privacy Policies or personal information usage activities of such websites.
When clicking links to move from GPlus websites to other websites, users are encouraged to review the Privacy Policies published on said websites.
10. Management System for Personal Information
GPlus strictly manages personal information by appointing a Chief Privacy Officer in charge of personal information management, employee education, and information security measures to prevent this information from being leaked to third parties or the public, and from being diverted or altered.
GPlus will not disclose the personal information of any user to any third party without that user’s consent. However, if disclosure is legally requested by the national, state or local governments, by court order, or by the police or any other organization that is legally authorized to do so in Japan, the country of GPlus’ incorporation, then GPlus reserves the right to disclose said personal information without the user’s prior consent.
13. Modification History